Welcome to the 2021 Rhode Island Broadcasters Association Cancellation Emergency messaging portal.
Rhode Island Broadcasters Association is proud to announce that we have expanded our text alert options to include businesses and Health Services. Encourage your clients, employees and patients to sign up for text alerts to get immediate information on closings, delays or emergency information. Our list for alerts also includes schools, daycares, health care services, businesses and parking bans.
IMPORTANT UPDATED INFORMATION TO READ PRIOR TO ACTIVATING A MESSAGE
- When activating a message, use the top portion that has a pull-down menu. Find the best fit to your messaging needs. This section controls the expiration of your message.
- There are 2 NEW additions to the pull-down menu you will see if you scroll down toward the bottom of the list. They are: DISTANCE LEARNING DAY and REMOTE WORK-DAY. These new STATUS selections may fit the new needs of your business, school, organization or agency.
- There is the comment section that can accept limited characters, only use if imperative to complete your message. Do not repeat the message that was already created within the pull down menu. Your messages will be reviewed and changed if so. For the accuracy of keeping your message correct, use as less characters as possible.
- DO NOT ADD ANY PERSONAL MESSAGING AT ALL! As kind as it is meant, your business or school will be deleted from the system going forward in 2021. NO ADDED MESSAGING OR WEBSITE ADDRESSES, PHONE NUMBERS or POSTPONMENT DATES. Minimal information ONLY. These messages MAY be shown along the bottom of television screens. The stations cannot accept an overage of characters as space is limited. These additional messages may cause your information to be deleted and/or your registration to be canceled.
- USE THE PULL-DOWN MENU and select PARKING BAN. DO NOT USE Military time when making a parking ban. Do not use the DAY and then follow with the DATE. Be sure when at the pull-down menu that if your parking ban is for 2 days – select the “THROUGH” day.
EXAMPLE: PARKING BAN THROUGH WEDNESDAY - Do not repeat in the comment section. Do not add the dates in the comment section. Your message will all be taken care of within the Parking Ban selection within the pull-down menu.
- Use the top portion and locate the pull-down menu. There are numerous selections to assist you in finding the scenario needed for your message. No services, No CCD classes, No classes. No AM services….and many more. USE SOMETHING FROM THE PULL-DOWN MENU. Do not repeat in the comment section.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN EMAIL OR CALL RIBA:
LNeedham@ribroadcasters.com or DGuisti@ribroadcasters.com
Once you have completed activating your message you can sign out and visit any Television or Radio Station website to view your message within minutes during an inclement weather event.
Business / School Sign-up
You have reached the registration page for the Rhode Island Broadcasters Association.
THIS REGISTRATION PAGE IS NOT FOR TEXT ALERT REGISTRATION.
Click here for TEXT ALERT Registration.
By completing this form you will be registering your Business, School, Government Agency, Association, Organization, Religious Services, Parking Bans for the RIBA Cancellation System. This system works in conjunction with the Television and Radio Station websites, where your message will automatically upload onto the stations website. During inclement weather events, at the member television stations discretion, it may be added to the lower portion of the television screen.
Once registered and you receive codes - you will be able to activate emergency messaging such as cancellations, delays, postponements, parking bans and more.
Complete the following to register as an Administrator for codes to activate emergency messaging.
You must complete each entry above in order to be registered and receive security codes for use.
An email will be sent to you with codes and instruction of use within 5 business days.